Yu-gi-oh! Duel Academy

Welcome to YGODA! If you are a guest please register. If you are an existing member or a new member, please log in into the Chatbox. Thank you.
DMCA
YGODA Menu
Forum Width Adjuster

You are not connected. Please login or register

In-Depth: Pendulum Summoning on DN

View previous topic View next topic Go down Message [Page 1 of 1]

Woob@t

Woob@t
Administrator
Introduction

So as you may or may not have noticed DN has finally gained the ability to do Pendulums which now gives us the users of DN a complete new form of summoning that is still unknown to us how it fully works.

However much like it's others (Synchros and XYZs) it to is still young and has awhile to expand.

For now however I'm going to teach you some basic rules as well as how to do a Pendulum Summon yourself on DN.

Section I - The Field and the Cards

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

Notice the changes made to the normal game board on DN. Two new slots have appeared above the Extra and Main deck. These slots are your Pendulum Zone, the location where you put your Pendulum monster. Now you may ask what is a Pendulum monster? Well if you observe my hand you can see three of them but here one is close up.

Now you may notice some giant differences between these monsters and a normal monster. First the card color is a mix of the monster tan and the spell card blue, this is because depending on a Pendulum monsters location it is either one of those two things. When it is on the field in the monster zone it is a monster, but when it's in the Pendulum Zone it is treated as a Spell.

This is important because if a Pendulum Monster is in the Monster Zone then cards like Mystical Space Typhoon and Dust Tornado would have no effect on it. Just like if it were in the Pendulum Zone a card like Dark Hole would not effect it.

The second thing you might notice is that it has 2 numbers on each side, one on a red side one on a blue. This is the monsters Scale number, we'll get into this more in-depth in a little bit.

The third thing you may notice is that they have 2 effects. This is the monsters effect and its Pendulum effect which as well depend on the cards location. If it is treated as a monster it gains its Monster effect (the bottom one). But if it is in the Pendulum Zone it gains it's Pendulum effect (the top one).

Now some small things about Pendulum Monsters. If a Pendulum Monster would be sent to the graveyard it is instead sent to the extra deck face-up. As well while it is there it can be summoned out for a Pendulum Summon done later in the game.

Now that you have been introduced to the field and the cards lets move on to how to set up a Pendulum Summon and how to work around it.

Section II - The Process of Pendulum Summoning

So once you have gained one of your pendulum monsters you can now decide weather to place it on the right or left side (right being red side and left being blue side).

Now note, this does not count as summoning a monster but as activating a spell card.

Once you have placed one if you can place a second one and complete the scale.

Note: Make sure you have monsters with a pendulum scale with a difference of at least one, if you have a scale of 4 and 5 you can not summon anything because there would be no possible monsters to summon.

Now why is that? Because when you have your two Pendulum monsters their scale (in the pictures example my scale would be 1 and 8)is the extremes so to say for the scale. No monster with a level smaller then 2 or higher then 7 can be summoned, leaving you with the possible levels of 2,3,4,5,6 and 7 to summon.

Now that the scale is complete and you can summon go ahead and summon any number of monsters from your hand that fit the scale requirements.

Note: IF you have a face-up Pendulum monster in your extra deck you can summon it as well with your Pendulum Summon if the monster fits the requirements.

Section III - How to Prevent Pendulum Summons

Now if your facing an opponent who is about to Pendulum Summon, DO NOT lose hope, there is a away around it. Depending on how many monsters your opponent is about to summon depends on what cards you're going to have to play.

If they summon one monster:
Summon 1:

If they summon two or more mosnters:
Summon 2-5:

Note: If the summon of a Pendulum Summon is negated the monsters that your opponent was attempting to summon will be sent to the graveyard.

Section IV - Tips

• Even if a player is able to Pendulum Summon you can still activate cards like Torrential Tribute to clear the field.
    If you are attempting to destroy a Pendulum card in the Pendulum Zone then you will have to use cards like Mystical Space Typhoon or Dust Tornado because Pendulum monsters are not a specific kind of spell card.
    You can not set a Pendulum monster in the Pendulum Zone.

So I help this guide has given you a general better understand on Pendulum summoning if you have any questions feel free to click the link below it has the information I just gave you and some more.

Link: [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

Thank you Guest for reading.
~Slenderman

Sailor Moon

Sailor Moon
Teacher
Teacher
Thank you Sailor Moon for reading.
~Slenderman

STop being creepy how did you Know I would read this....Nice post though.

Anyway I will post some rulings tomorrow regarding these cards that are not listed on the official rules page.

Vila

Vila
No one special
No one special
it's an auto reply teacher xd

http://duelngmaster.foroactivo.mx

Woob@t

Woob@t
Administrator
It's one of the small bits of coding I know Wink makes me always be the creepy slenderman

Dragonite

Dragonite
Horakhty
Horakhty
good job slender man though i excepted you to link my article as part 1 and this would be part 2

Woob@t

Woob@t
Administrator
I gotchu sorry I was in the zone when typing I forgot to give reference to your post....

Gongas88

Gongas88
i have to congratulate you Corey, it's a very well written helpful guide to Pendulum Summon, personally i didnt know much about it ( OCG *puke*) but after reading this i think i understand now, well atleast more then what i did before, so congrats (y)

s{EXED} Token Gay

s{EXED} Token Gay
Administrator
This is better than the one I read in DNF to be honest. But yeah, please edit it to a specific format so we don't have to read all white texts x.x

https://ygoda.forumtl.com

Kazami900

Kazami900
Ra
Ra
Thanks Slenderman!

Sponsored content

View previous topic View next topic Back to top Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum

Forum Skin Copyright @ Pizza Boi 2014